Tuesday, October 15, 2013

shea mack

shea mack
wife to @josephadammack
dog mama to blue.
nanny of four kiddos.
avid adventurer.
lover of things handmade. 


I find joy in giving things a purpose.
I believe my purpose is to serve others.

Here is my story:

Born, raised, and currently in Pennsylvania.
I grew up with divorced parents, since I was just a year old.
Divorced was all I ever knew.
Two separate families, houses, neighborhood friends, two separate everything.
Since it had been for almost my entire life, it wasn't new to me.
Not saying it was easy, it was just all the familiar.

My mom remarried when I was five.
My dad on the other hand, dated occasionally, but didn't remarry til I was fifteen.
My dad and I were inseparable growing up, attached at the hip if you will.
There is just something sacred about a daddy-daughter relationship.
When he met my step mom it felt like my importance level dropped drastically.
It was incredibly hard for me to accept & adjust to.
In those moments, I felt completely alone.

Right around this time I started going through some changes.
I struggled with many issues:
depression, my body image, promiscuity, acceptance.. to name a few
I was very vulnerable to choices that led to hurt.
Yet for some reason I continued to make them..time after time.

On the outside I looked happy,
But inside I was emotionally struggling.
At my lowest low, I attempted to take my life.
I didn't succeed, but I received attention..which was what secretly I longed for.

I couldn't escape my earthly troubles & thought I didn't matter.
 
I desired a worth greater than I felt I had.
I came to the conclusion I would find that in the guys I was with.
How I was so wrong. I got nothing meaningful out of these relationships.
They only left me feeling hurt & worthless on way too many levels.
In those moments we are carefree,
yet the thought of how they will affect us in the future is never prevalent.
What a shame that is.

God had a plan for my life, I just was completely lost & easily misguided.
I had been searching for a belonging & a unconditional love that I was unsure even existed.

It wasn't til I met my husband Adam, aka: the man of my dreams,
(in my early twenties) that I had a revelation.

 
He stepped in & challenged me to change my destructive ways.
I was naturally reluctant at first, but then
I started to dream of a future I wanted to have. I had hope.
It didn't look anything like what I was doing at that point.
It actually was drastically different.
He encouraged me to live a life fully for God.
To be honest with you, I was clueless to what this meant.
 
I began searching...
Sure enough, God showed up in big ways.
And for the first time in a long time
I felt somehow new & engaged in life.
He changed my heart!
I began to view myself in a different light.
He has called me to truly serve others and to lead in areas I never would've imagined.
On the daily I'm learning more and more what that looks like.
By serving others, my heart mends & it beats with true joy.
I have made a variety of choices on the spectrum of bad to good,
but with each one I'm grateful as they have shaped me and my story.


 
I serve in my church leading a group of high school aged girls.
It brings light to my life as I have the chance to be a good influence.
Something I wish I had more of as a teenager, in some of the most challenging years.
We have the chance to bring forth life in every opportunity we've been given.
That to me is a crucial & amazing gift that we don't take advantage enough.

As a girl, we long for acceptance and to feel loved.
We desire a worth that only God can provide. It's the truth.
For me, I struggled until I finally realized that God made me..ME.
This was MY story He gave me. I needed to own that.
Different, unique, but ever so perfect to Him.
What reigned true is: I matter to God, and that is such a beautiful thing.

This past summer, I had the opportunity to serve as a leader in the Czech Republic
with a team of amazing high school aged student from church.

 
It was completely life giving in countless ways.
God showed me just how valuable I am to Him.
How important it was to take that leap of faith to lead like this..
completely on a new and crazy page.
How HE created ME for a purpose.
This adventure sparked some challenging situations,
but it brought me closer to understating truly how I'm wired.
 
I am certain God sent me there to learn that I am worthy.
I am worthy of...
unconditional love // grace // value // second chances // everlasting joy

God created my heart to serve others.
& I'm eternally thankful He is my creator.
 
 
 
connect with shea on
twitter & instagram:
@littlemrsmack
<3

2 comments:

  1. beautifully written Shea! truly moving, God is oh so good <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this and you! Your beautiful heart is on display:) Thank you for sharing. Fearfully and wonderfully made.......

    ReplyDelete